Lab City, NL
The Hercules Group of Companies is comprised of four distinct companies—Hercules SLR, Spartan Industrial Marine, Stellar Industrial Sales, and Wire Rope Industries Atlantic—with Hercules Machining & Millwright Services as a division of Hercules SLR. While Hercules has grown into a multitude of industrial sectors, we specialize in equipment, products and services for securing, lifting and rigging applications.
The Role and Team
We are headquartered in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia and have almost 30 branches across Canada. As an employer, we focus on continually enhancing the skills and capabilities of our employees and pride ourselves for building and improving upon our cultures of safety and dedicated customer service.
We are looking for a strong self-starter to join us in the role of Inspector in Lab City, NL. Reporting to the supervisor, the inspector conducts inspections and tests on lower hook lifting equipment, rigging and fall prevention equipment to ensure that safety certification complies with provincial and federal regulations.
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package that includes:
- Guaranteed full time, permanent position (40 hours a week)
- Health & Wellness Incentive
- Full health and dental benefits (shared costs)
- RRSP matching program (after one year)
- Personal & Professional Development Opportunities
- Fun & engaging working environment
- Performs inspections and tests on lower hook lift equipment, rigging and fall prevention equipment
- Fulfills reports of inspected items and submissions for processing
- Submits reports at the end of the work or day based on task specifications
- Maintains documentation and inventory records used for billing and certification Maintains company equipment used on a daily/weekly/ monthly basis
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience or related basic technical/mechanical training; electromechanical experience and training is an asset
- CGSB level 2 (MP, UT, LP)
- Ability to work without supervision
- Efficient use of Microsoft Office and strong computer skills
- Be able to safely lift 50lb from ground level to waist height
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate which position you are applying to.
Please note: Successful candidates will be required to pass a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
Please note: Successful candidates must provide a driver’s abstract with driving records from the Department of Motor Vehicles showing less than 6 demerit points loss in the last 3 years and no criminal infraction on traffic laws and no responsible accidents other than the ones on file.
We thank all applicants for their interest, only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.