THE CROSBY GROUP
Crosby Rigging—Engineering and manufacturing excellence without compromise.
Crosby is one of the most recognizable names in the rigging industry, and has been for over 100 years. Crosby makes over 2,000 rigging and lifting products to meet all your hoisting needs, and Hercules SLR is proud to be an Authorized Crosby Distributor and a Certified Crosby Repair Center.
See your Crosby gear from purchase, all the way to service with Hercules SLR’s extensive product selection, inspection & service team, asset management, testing and more.
Crosby is the world’s leading manufacturer for rigging, lifting, and material handling applications, the Crosby Group delivers a diverse portfolio of products engineered to exceed the toughest demands of any industry, including land-based and offshore energy, construction and infrastructure, cargo handling and towing, marine, mining, and transportation. Crosby rigging equipment offers uncompromising quality and includes hooks, Red Pin® shackles, hoist rings, master links, lifting clamps, slings, turnbuckles, snatch blocks, crane blocks, sheaves, and a host of other custom engineered solutions to create the most comprehensive portfolio in the industry.
Did you Know?
The Crosby Group was the first to:
- Produce the forged wire rope clip (1880’s).
- Produce wire rope guards on sheaves that can be opened for easy reeving (1925).
- Forge Load Rating (Working Load Limit) directly onto product (1958).
- Quench and temper fittings for more reliable performance (1973).
- Forge Product Identification Code (P.I.C.) into each product that allows traceability to its respective date of production and material certification (1977).
- Rate products as Fatigue Rated (1991).
- Forge patented QUIC-CHECK™ markings into hooks, shackles and various other rigging products to assist users in determining proper use (1992).
- Produce a crane block that can be reeved without removing the wedge socket from wire rope in the United States (1996).
WANT MORE CROSBY? OTHER BLOGS YOU MIGHT LIKE:
Hercules SLR is part of Hercules Group of Companies, with locations and unique businesses coast-to-coast. We provide securing, lifting and rigging services for sectors in Canada and Internationally. Hercules SLR serves the energy, oil & gas, manufacturing, construction, aerospace, infrastructure, utilities, mining and marine industries.