Who we are
The Hercules Group of Companies is comprised of four distinct brands within the Hercules Group—Hercules SLR, Spartan Industrial Marine, Stellar Industrial Sales, and Wire Rope Industries Atlantic—with Hercules Machining & Millwright Services as a division of Hercules SLR. We are headquartered in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia and have been privately owned and operated for over 45 years.
While Hercules has grown into a multitude of industrial sectors, we specialize in equipment, products and services for securing, lifting and rigging applications. As an employer, we focus on continually enhancing the skills and capabilities of our employees and pride ourselves for building and improving upon our cultures of safety and dedicated customer service.
What we are looking for
A skilled Inventory Analyst to work within our supply chain team to monitor and anticipate the rate of sale for each type of product/components required by our customers. The Inventory Analyst ensures that the distribution centers and warehouses maintain inventory levels necessary to meet projected sales demands.
- Monitors the level of incoming products/materials to ensure that it stays balanced with the level of outgoing products
- Collaborates with sales and marketing to maximize sales potential of products/materials and increase inventory turns
- Reports product issues to operations, sales & marketing team for immediate resolution
- Manages inventory adjustments and transfers
- Identifies, develops and implements initiatives to reduce slow moving and dead inventories to improve inventory turns
- Researches past sales trends and stays informed of current sales trends that may influence inventory demand (low stock/overstock situations)
- Analyses root causes of inventory issues to recommend and implement solutions to improve the situation
- Considers inventory reports and purchasing trends in the industry as well as environmental factors which may influence supply/demand of inventory
- Identifies, develops and implements process improvements to achieve efficiencies
- Generates and maintain monthly reports on inventory levels
- High school diploma
- College diploma or related certificate preferred
- 3 -5 years in related role or Supply Chain experience
- Documentation – proficient in the use of spreadsheet programs
- Data mining and analysis
- Knowledge in Crystal reporting
- Knowledge of SQL programing
- Identifies and presents information that will motivate, persuade, engage or influence others
- Demonstrates commitment for process improvement
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
What we offer
- A comprehensive compensation and benefits package
- Personal & Professional Development
- Fun & engaging working environment
- On-site free parking
If you would like to be part of a fast-growing, national company and would like to help expand our organization to the next level, we want to hear from you!
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please indicate which position you are applying to.
Please note: Successful candidates will be required to pass a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
We thank all applicants for their interest, only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.