Crane Technician- Journeyman Electrician
Labrador City, NL
Who we are
The Hercules Group of Companies is comprised of four distinct companies—Hercules SLR, Spartan Industrial Marine, Stellar Industrial Sales, and Wire Rope Industries Atlantic—with Hercules Machining & Millwright Services as a division of Hercules SLR. We are headquartered in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia and have been privately owned and operated for over 45 years.
While Hercules has grown into a multitude of industrial sectors, we specialize in equipment, products and services for securing, lifting and rigging applications. As an employer, we focus on continually enhancing the skills and capabilities of our employees and pride ourselves for building and improving upon our cultures of safety and dedicated customer service.
What we are looking for
A journeyman electrician to join us in the role of Crane Technician in Labrador City, NL. Reporting to the Branch Manager, the crane technician performs inspections and testing on various hoists and cranes to ensure safety certification is in accordance with provincial and federal regulations. The Crane Technician also assists the sales team with quotes and makes recommendations for repair work.
- Performs inspections on various hoists and cranes
- Manages the quantity and quality of inspections work
- Maintains paperwork and records of used inventory for billing and certification purposes
- Diagnoses equipment problems and estimates costs of equipment repairs, replacements, maintenance etc.
- Follows customer Safety and Quality rules when working at a customer’s site
- Maintains company equipment used on a daily/weekly/monthly basis
- Some travel, possible work evenings and weekends as required
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Recognized trade qualification as a journeyman electrician or an equivalent qualification in terms of skills and knowledge, which has been reviewed and approved by an appropriate authority
- 8000 hours of direct experience working on the maintenance, repair, or manufacture of cranes or hoists, or working under the direct supervision of a qualified crane inspector having 8000 hours of experience; or an engineer
- Knowledge of electricity and mechanics, capable of troubleshooting for general maintenance
- Experience with working at heights, Lifting Gear Inspection, Wire Rope Examiner and ASME/OSHA rigging fundamentals and requirements
- Must hold a valid driver’s license and be insurable
- Must safely lift 50 lbs. from floor level to waist level
- Establishes work priorities, ensure deadlines are met and procedures are followed
- Ability to accomplish multiple tasks in a timely and efficient manner
- Communicates with customers in a professional manner
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
What we offer
- A comprehensive compensation and benefits package
- Health & Wellness Incentive
- Personal & Professional Development
- Fun & engaging working environment
- Free parking
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate which position you are applying to.
Please note: Successful candidates will be required to pass a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
Please note: Successful candidates must provide a driver’s abstract with driving records from the Department of Motor Vehicles showing less than 6 demerit points loss in the last 3 years and no criminal infraction on traffic laws and no responsible accidents other than the ones on file
We thank all applicants for their interest, only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.