Who we are
The Hercules Group of Companies is comprised of four distinct companies—Hercules SLR, Spartan Industrial Marine, Stellar Industrial Sales, and Wire Rope Industries Atlantic—with Hercules Machining & Millwright Services as a division of Hercules SLR. We are headquartered in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia and have been privately owned and operated for over 45 years.
While Hercules has grown into a multitude of industrial sectors, we specialize in equipment, products and services for securing, lifting and rigging applications. As an employer, we focus on continually enhancing the skills and capabilities of our employees and pride ourselves for building and improving upon our cultures of safety and dedicated customer service.
What we are looking for
An experienced rigger to join in our Hamilton ON branch. Reporting to the Manager, Rigger’s prepare customer orders as per ISO and company work instructions; ensuring product quality standards are consistently met.
- Fabricates, set ups, and repairs rigging, supporting structures, hoists, and pulling gear, using hand and power tools according to customer requirements
- Cut wire rope and bend strands to meet specifications
- Follow Quality Control Procedures, as per ISO 9001:2000
- Ensure a quality product is produced, as per the company quality standards
- Organize, clean, and ensure overall maintenance of the rigging workspace
- Maintain an efficient production speed with minimal quality issues
- Responsible for inventory accuracy by recording items used in production
- Process and requisition of materials and supplies for the rigging department
- Ensure inventory is stored in an appropriate manner to ease accessibility and identification, and reduce the potential for damage to products
- Drive company vehicles to various branches and customer locations, as required
- High school diploma, or equivalent
- Minimum of 2-5 years experience in a rigging position
- Rigging course or equivalent relevant experience
- Previous experience working with wire rope
- Able to safely lift 50 lbs. from floor level to waist level
- Must hold a valid driver’s license and be insurable
What we offer
- Comprehensive compensation and benefits package
- Company Group Insurance Coverage
- Pension Plan
- Health and Wellness Incentive
If you would like to be part of a fast-growing, national company and would like to help expand our organization to the next level, we want to hear from you!
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate which position you are applying to.
Please note: Successful candidates will be required to pass a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
We thank all applicants for their interest, only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.