- 2,000 lb Lobster Blocks – c/w Swivel Eye – design factor 4:1
- Cast Aluminum Frame & Sheave
- Manufactured with the highest quality steel available
- Corrosive resistant for increased block life in a salt water environment
- Lobster Blocks are supplied with a pressure lube fitting on swivel eye for a longer block life
- Sealed bearings in roller sheave for increased block life and performance
- PIC code on block matched to certificate and each block individually tested for maximum safety
Sheave Dimensions (mm)
Working Load Limit
Steel Shell Snatch Blocks for Wire Rope
- Semi-circular guard in shell over sheave prevents wire from slipping between shell and sheave.
- This feature also greatly strengthens the plates in the shell.
- Steel sleeve over center pin gives a bearing surface of large diameter.
- This sleeve is held tightly between the plates and makes the block extremely rigid.
Block Snatch – Swivel Shackle
Working Load Limit
Block Snatch – Swivel Hook
Working Load Limit (tonnes)
- Capacity – 5 to 300 tonnes
- All blocks come with roller bearings.
- Reeving guides standard on all models
- Separate lube channel to each bearing
- Sheave fully protected by side plates
- Heavy duty positive locking (PL) latch on all models
- Wire lines sizes – 1/2″ to 1 1/4″
- Design factor 4:1
- Sheave lubrication through centre pin
- Sheaves sizes – 10” to 24”
- Dual action hook (swings and rotates)
Loads on Blocks
The Working Load Limit (WLL) for blocks indicates the maximum load that should be exerted on the block and its connecting fitting. This total load value may be different from the weight being lifted or pulled by a hoisting or hauling system.
It is necessary to determine the rated capacity block to be used. A single sheave block used to change load line direction can be subjected to total loads greatly different from the weight being lifted or pulled.
The total load value varies with the angle between the incoming and departing lines to the block. The chart indicates the factor to be multiplied by the line pull to obtain the total load on the block.
Angle Factor Multipliers
Hercules SLR is part of the Hercules Group of Companies which offers a unique portfolio of businesses nationally with locations from coast to coast. Our companies provide an extensive coverage of products and services that support the success of a wide range of business sectors across Canada including the energy, oil & gas, manufacturing, construction, aerospace, infrastructure, utilities, oil and gas, mining and marine industries.