Hercules Training Academy: Advanced Rigger Technician
This program will provide students with the opportunity to apply their knowledge and theory from the previous training and field experience in a practical application, as well as learn about the more advanced areas of rigging.
- Calculating load center of gravity with complex shapes
- Horizontal rigging and inclined planes, calculating loads during horizontal rigging
- Chain Fall load drifting and calculation of loading during drifting
- Use of rigging blocks and pulleys
- Use of plate clamps, bulb clamps, and lifting magnets
- Flipping and turning loads
- Multi crane lifts
- Proper use of blocking and cribbing
- Understanding signaller and tag line travel path
The program is a combination of theory and practical exercises in the classroom and making uses of simulated rigging scenarios. Approximately 50% of the programs is hands on practical experience. Students are evaluated by means of a written and practical examination. Upon successful completion students are issued a Hercules SLR Advanced Rigger Technician certificate valid for 4 years.
Participants must have successfully completed a minimum of a 1 day rigging program with in the past 24 months.
32 Hours (based on class size of 8).
The standard program is held at our Head Office and Manufacturing Hub based in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia. However, we are able to utilize our other Hercules locations across the country, or hold the training at your facility.
- Safety boots minimum 6”
- Safety glasses
- Hard hat
- High-vis vest or shirt
- Coveralls or other suitable work clothing for a shop atmosphere
- Clothing suitable for outdoor weather
Valid for four years
Hercules SLR is part of the Hercules Group of Companies, which offers a unique portfolio of businesses nationally, with locations from coast-to-coast. We provide extensive coverage of products and services that support the success of a wide range of business sectors across Canada including the energy, oil & gas, manufacturing, construction, aviation, infrastructure, utilities, energy, oil & gas, mining and marine industries.