Hercules Training Academy Course: Banksman
This program will provide students with the fundamental knowledge and practical skills of a Banksman. This program meets and exceeds the standards for offshore rigging set by:
- Canadian Occupational Health and Safety Regulations
- Canadian Association of Petroleum Producers (CAPP)
- Canada-Newfoundland and Labrador Offshore Petroleum Board (C-NLOPB)
- Canada-Nova Scotia Offshore Petroleum Board (C-NSOPB)
- American Petroleum Institute (API) RP 2D
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- UK Offshore Health and Safety Regulations
- Lifting Equipment Engineers Association (LEEA)
- Norwegian Offshore Sector (NORSOK)
• Responsibilities of a Banksman
• Preparing the lift
• Conducting the lift
• After the lift
• Crane and operator
• Container inspection
• Personnel transfer
The program is a combination of theory and practical training. Students are evaluated by means of a written test and practical evaluation. Upon successful completion of the program, a certificate will be issued.
- Training is delivered at the Hercules Training Academy or can also be delivered on-site including offshore installations.
- Required PPE
- CSA approved safety boots, safety glasses, hard hat
Hercules SLR is part of the Hercules Group of Companies, which offers a unique portfolio of businesses nationally, with locations from coast-to-coast. We provide extensive coverage of products and services that support the success of a wide range of business sectors across Canada including the energy, oil & gas, manufacturing, construction, aviation, infrastructure, utilities, energy, oil & gas, mining and marine industries.