Hercules Training Academy: Rigger Slinger Banksman
This program will provide students with the fundamental knowledge and practical skills of lifting and rigging to enable them to prepare, sling and release loads in an offshore environment.
This program meets and exceeds the standards for offshore rigging set by:
- Canadian Occupational Health and Safety Regulations (COHS)
- Canadian Association of Petroleum Producers (CAPP)
- Canada-Newfoundland and Labrador Offshore Petroleum Board (C-NLOPB)
- Canada-Nova Scotia Offshore Petroleum Board (C-NSOPB)
- American Petroleum Institute (API) RP 2D
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- UK Offshore Health and Safety Regulations
- Lifting Equipment Engineers Association (LEEA)
- Norwegian Offshore Sector (NORSOK)
- Regulations, standards, associations
- Risk management
- Rigging plan
- Calculating load weight
- Rigging triangle
- Load control
- Sling angles and the center of gravity
- Rigging equipment (slings, hitches, hardware, hooks)
- Pre-use inspection
- Duties & responsibilities of the rigger and banksman
- Communications (radio and hand signals)
- Personnel transfer
- Container inspection
- Practical applications of the equipment and principles
The program is a combination of theory and practical training. Students are evaluated by means of a written test and practical evaluation. Upon successful completion of the program, a certificate will be issued.
The standard program is held at our Head Office and Manufacturing Hub based in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia. However, we are able to utilize our other Hercules locations across the country, or hold the training at your facility.
CSA approved safety boots, safety glasses, hard hat
Hercules SLR is part of the Hercules Group of Companies, which offers a unique portfolio of businesses nationally, with locations from coast-to-coast. We provide extensive coverage of products and services that support the success of a wide range of business sectors across Canada including the energy, oil & gas, manufacturing, construction, aviation, infrastructure, utilities, energy, oil & gas, mining and marine industries.