Operations Supervisor/Inside Sales
Who we are
The Hercules Group of Companies is comprised of four distinct companies—Hercules SLR, Spartan Industrial Marine, Stellar Industrial Sales, and Wire Rope Industries Atlantic—with Hercules Machining & Millwright Services as a division of Hercules SLR. We are headquartered in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia and have been privately owned and operated for over 45 years.
While Hercules has grown into a multitude of industrial sectors, we specialize in equipment, products and services for securing, lifting and rigging applications. As an employer, we focus on continually enhancing the skills and capabilities of our employees and pride ourselves for building and improving upon our cultures of safety and dedicated customer service.
What we are looking for
A strong individual to join us in the role of Operations Supervisor/Inside Sales, in our Sarnia ON branch. Reporting to the Branch Manager, this position is responsible for managing day-to-day operations as well as represent Hercules with a strong positive attitude and a solutions-based approach to their work; all in an effort to ensure optimal client satisfaction.
- Oversees branch activities directly related to production and services; schedule jobs and lead projects to ensure their successful completion
- Responsible for the day-to-day interactions and sales functions between clients, Territory Managers and the product supply functions within Hercules
- Plan, directs and coordinates branch employees, preparing work schedules and assigning specific tasks
- Manage branch inventory: lead and participate physical inventory counts, ensure negative inventory is at $0, ensure inventory adjustment sheets are submitted and proper investigation has been completed
- Open order review to ensure all orders are completed for shipping and billing
- Client service via telephone, in-person and electronic communications
- Development of industry and product knowledge to enhance client service
- A university/college degree preferably in Business Management or a related discipline, or a combination of a high school diploma and relevant work experience
- Minimum 1 of year experience in industrial sales or related customer service field (counter sales experience preferred)
- Prior management or supervisory experience preferred
- Previous experience in the related industry preferred
- Ability to build client relationships through a solutions-based approach
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be insurable
What we offer
- A comprehensive compensation and benefits package
- Health & Wellness Incentive
- Personal & Professional Development
- Fun & engaging working environment
- Free parking
If you would like to be part of a fast-growing, national company and would like to help expand our organization to the next level, we want to hear from you!
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please indicate which position you are applying to.
Please note: Successful candidates will be required to pass a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
We thank all applicants for their interest, only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.