We are looking for a strong self-starter to join us in the role of Machinist in Truro, NS. Reporting to the Branch Manager, the Machinist provides services both in our machine shop and on-site, using conventional machining equipment, CNC equipment and portable machining gear.
We provide a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Company Group Insurance Coverage
- Pension Plan
- Health and Wellness Incentive
- Read and interpret blue prints, sketches, drawings, manuals specifications or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work pieces
- Operate conventional machining equipment such as lathes, mills, surface grinders, etc.
- Verify dimensions of machined tools or parts for accuracy and conformance to specifications using instruments such as: micrometers, verniers, calipers, height gauges, depth micrometers, indicators, thread gauges, blank gauges and other specialized instruments
- Creation and repair of jigs and fixtures for both onsite equipment and production purposes
- Repair mechanical problems and problem solve
- Perform preventative maintenance on equipment
- Travel required when performing on-site machining
- Completion of high school or equivalent required
- Post-secondary education or equivalent experience preferred
- Minimum 5 years of machining experience
- Hold Journeyman inter-provincial Red Seal Machinist
- Must provide own set of tools for machinist trade
- A valid Nova Scotia driver’s license is required
- Ability to obtain a passport as travelling maybe required
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please indicate which position you are applying to.
We thank all applicants for their interest, only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Please note: Successful candidates will be required to pass a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
Hercules SLR is a privately-owned company with branches and offices located across Canada. While Hercules has grown into a multitude of industrial sectors, we specialize in equipment, products and services for securing, lifting and rigging applications. As an employer, we focus on continually enhancing the skills and capabilities of our employees and pride ourselves for building and improving upon our cultures of safety and dedicated customer service.