Who we are
The Hercules Group of Companies is comprised of four distinct companies—Hercules SLR, Spartan Industrial Marine, Stellar Industrial Sales, and Wire Rope Industries Atlantic—with Hercules Machining & Millwright Services as a division of Hercules SLR. We are headquartered in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia and have been privately owned and operated for over 45 years.
Since 1975, Hercules MMS (formerly Fundy Grinding) has been providing customers with quality machining and millwright services. Over time, the company has grown exponentially from providing these services locally to working across Canada and around the globe.
What we are looking for
A strong self-starter to join us in the role of Machinist in Truro, NS. Reporting to the Branch Manager, the Machinist provides services both in our machine shop and on-site, using conventional machining equipment, CNC equipment and portable machining gear.
We provide a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Company Group Insurance Coverage
- Pension Plan
- Health and Wellness Incentive
- Read and interpret blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals specifications or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work pieces
- Operate conventional machining equipment such as lathes, mills, surface grinders, etc.
- Verify dimensions of machined tools or parts for accuracy and conformance to specifications using instruments such as: micrometers, verniers, calipers, height gauges, depth micrometers, indicators, thread gauges, blank gauges and other specialized instruments
- Creation and repair of jigs and fixtures for both onsite equipment and production purposes
- Repair mechanical problems and problem solve
- Perform preventative maintenance on equipment
- Travel required when performing on-site machining
- Completion of high school or equivalent required
- Post-secondary education or equivalent experience preferred
- Minimum 5 years of machining experience
- Hold Journeyman inter-provincial Red Seal Machinist
- Must provide own set of tools for machinist trade
- A valid Nova Scotia driver’s license is required
- Ability to obtain a passport as travelling maybe required
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate which position you are applying to.
Please note: Successful candidates will be required to pass a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
Please note: Successful candidates must provide a driver’s abstract with driving records from the Department of Motor Vehicles showing less than 6 demerit points loss in the last 3 years and no criminal infraction on traffic laws and no responsible accidents other than the ones on file
We thank all applicants for their interest, only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.