Warehouse Associate/Materials Handler
We are looking for a strong self-starter to join us in the role of Warehouse Associate/Materials Handler in Truro, NS. Reporting to the Branch Manager, the Warehouse Associate/Materials Handler provides service in our machine shop assisting with various functions in the warehouse, ensuring proper organization of warehouse and inventory/equipment as well as packing, shipping, receiving and distribution of goods and supplies.
We provide a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Company Group Insurance Coverage
- Pension Plan
- Health and Wellness Incentive
- Ships customer orders and branch transfers ensuring all required paperwork is complete and accurate
- Receives, unloads, sorts orders and inter-company transfers accurately and in a timely manner
- Starts standard work orders when products arrive for Re-Certification
- Allocates incoming product to designated area as per branch standards
- Controls warehouse inventory by making inventory adjustments, negative stock, stock counts as required
- Organizes and controls the tool crib
- Organizes the warehouse including bin locations, product descriptions and labeling product with barcodes
- High school degree or equivalent
- Must hold a valid driver’s license and be insurable
- Minimum 1 year of experience in a warehouse environment
- Knowledge of the Machining and Millwright industry is an asset
- Able to safely lift 50 lbs. from floor level to waist level
- Establishes work priorities, ensure deadlines are met and procedures are followed
- Ability to accomplish multiple tasks in a timely and efficient manner
- Computer experience and attention to detail
- Previous training in forklift operation
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate which position you are applying to.
We thank all applicants for their interest, only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Please note: Successful candidates will be required to pass a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
Hercules SLR is a privately-owned company with branches and offices located across Canada. While Hercules has grown into a multitude of industrial sectors, we specialize in equipment, products and services for securing, lifting and rigging applications. As an employer, we focus on continually enhancing the skills and capabilities of our employees and pride ourselves for building and improving upon our cultures of safety and dedicated customer service.