Branch Manager/ Directeur de succursale
The Hercules Group of Companies is comprised of four distinct companies—Hercules SLR, Spartan Industrial Marine, Stellar Industrial Sales, and Wire Rope Industries Atlantic—with Hercules Machining & Millwright Services as a division of Hercules SLR. While Hercules has grown into a multitude of industrial sectors, we specialize in equipment, products and services for securing, lifting and rigging applications.
The Role and Team
We are headquartered in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia and have almost 30 branches across Canada. As an employer, we focus on continually enhancing the skills and capabilities of our employees and pride ourselves for building and improving upon our cultures of safety and dedicated customer service.
We are looking for a strong leader to join us in the role of Branch Manager, overseeing our branch in VSL, QC. Reporting to the Area Manager, the Branch Manager is responsible for managing all critical functions within the branch to ensure efficiency, safety and profitability. The Branch Manager takes responsibility for growth and development of their team as well as champions continuous improvement initiatives that help Hercules transform customer satisfaction into customer loyalty.
- Manages and coordinates branch activities with direct reports, sales and administration staff
- Develops the operating budget and sales forecasts for the branch
- Directs and coordinates branch financial and planning activities to fund operations, maximize investment and increase profitability
- Reviews branch performance data (financial statements, sales activity reports) to monitor productivity and achievement of results; and make cost and program adjustments
- Establishes and implements branch policies, goals and objectives that are in line with the company strategy and communicate changes to all employees
- Prepares job quotes, bids, contact current and potential customers to drive sales
- Establishes a working environment that fosters employee engagement and productivity
- Implements company Performance Management program for employees
- Mentors employees in career and professional development
- Ensures a quality product is produced based on company and customer standards/expectations and specified requirements
- Makes timely, informed decisions based on facts, goals, constraints, and risks while consulting key stakeholders before implementing decisions
- A university/college degree preferably in Business Management or a related discipline, or a combination of a high school diploma and relevant work experience
- Management experience in operations is required
- Exposure to sales, accounting, management, and marketing
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with customers, vendors, supervisors, peers, and subordinates
- Proficient with computers using email and Microsoft Office
- General mechanical proficiency
- Strong decision making and problem-solving abilities
- Bilingual-French and English preferred
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package that includes:
- Health & Wellness Incentive
- Full health and dental benefits (shared costs)
- RRSP matching program (after one year)
- Personal & Professional Development Opportunities
- Fun & engaging working environment
- Free parking
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please indicate which position you are applying to.
Please note: Successful candidates will be required to pass a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
Please note: Successful candidates must provide a driver’s abstract with driving records from the Department of Motor Vehicles showing less than 6 demerit points loss in the last 3 years and no criminal infraction on traffic laws and no responsible accidents other than the ones on file
We thank all applicants for their interest, only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.