The Hercules Group of Companies is comprised of four distinct companies—Hercules SLR, Spartan Industrial Marine, Stellar Industrial Sales, and Wire Rope Industries Atlantic—with Hercules Machining & Millwright Services as a division of Hercules SLR. While Hercules has grown into a multitude of industrial sectors, we specialize in equipment, products and services for securing, lifting and rigging applications.
The Role and Team
We are headquartered in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia and have almost 30 branches across Canada. As an employer, we focus on continually enhancing the skills and capabilities of our employees and pride ourselves for building and improving upon our cultures of safety and dedicated customer service.
We are looking for a leader to join us in the role Service Supervisor, to join our branch in our VSL, QC. Reporting to the branch manager, this role is to assist with managing Technician and Inspectors as well as client contracts.
- Schedules production activities and leads projects to successful completion
- Coordinates and reviews financial statements, expenses, and other performance data to measure productivity, cost reduction, profitability, and goal achievement
- Tracks and reports the status of open work orders, repairs, product in for quoting and jobs to ensure all deadline and requirements are met as expected
- Keeps the vehicle fleet running properly and ensure regular maintenance
- Ensures adequate staffing and scheduling is in place to meet customer and company expectations
- Ensures the safety and quality policies of the company are communicated, understood and adhered to including all ISO 9001 requirements
- Holds employees accountable for the quality and quantity of work they produce
- A university/college diploma, preferably in business administration or a related discipline, or a combination of a high school diploma and relevant work experience
- Previous management experience
- Previous experience in the SLRsector, or in a related sector, preferred
- Ability to lead, delegate and motivate a team
- General mechanical skills
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Bilingual – French and English preferred
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package that includes:
- Health & Wellness Incentive
- Full health and dental benefits (shared costs)
- RRSP matching program (after one year)
- Personal & Professional Development Opportunities
- Fun & engaging working environment
- Free parking
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please indicate which position you are applying to.
Please note: Successful candidates will be required to pass a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
Please note: Successful candidates must provide a driver’s abstract with driving records from the Department of Motor Vehicles showing less than 6 demerit points loss in the last 3 years and no criminal infraction on traffic laws and no responsible accidents other than the ones on file
We thank all applicants for their interest, only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.