The Hercules Group of Companies is comprised of four distinct companies—Hercules SLR, Spartan Industrial Marine, Stellar Industrial Sales, and Wire Rope Industries Atlantic—with Hercules Machining & Millwright Services as a division of Hercules SLR. While Hercules has grown into a multitude of industrial sectors, we specialize in equipment, products and services for securing, lifting and rigging applications.
The Role and Team
We are headquartered in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia and have almost 30 branches across Canada. As an employer, we focus on continually enhancing the skills and capabilities of our employees and pride ourselves for building and improving upon our cultures of safety and dedicated customer service.
We are looking for a strong leader to join us in the role of Branch Manager, overseeing our branch in Saint John NB. Reporting to the General Manager, the Branch Manager is responsible for managing all critical functions within the branch to ensure efficiency, safety and profitability. The Branch Manager takes responsibility for growth and development of their team as well as champions continuous improvement initiatives that help Hercules transform customer satisfaction into customer loyalty.
- Creates and executes on all branch related policies, goals and objectives that support the company’s strategic plan
- Leads daily branch activities with direct reports
- Collaborates with staff to grow sales with new and existing customers
- Creates the operating budget and sales forecasts that supports the company’s annual growth expectations
- Integrates branch financial and planning activities to fund operations and increase profitability
- Completes a comprehensive review of branch performance by analyzing financial statements, sales activity reports and staff productivity
- Assembles job quotes and bids
- Accountable to ensure product quality is met based on company and customer expectations
- Seeks to understand by making informed decisions based on facts, while consulting key stakeholders
- Fosters an engaging and productive work environment
- Coaches staff in career and professional development
- Rapidly evolving work environment
- Prospecting for new business opportunities
- Being challenged professionally and exceeding expectations
- Setting and exceeding your goals
- Leading people in a positive environment that fosters growth and development
- A university or college degree preferably in Business Management or a related discipline, or a combination of a high school diploma and relevant work experience
- Management experience in operations is required
- Experience in sales leadership is required
- Excellent collaboration skills
- General mechanical proficiency considered an asset
- Must hold a valid driver’s license and be insurable
- Able to provide references who will attest to your proven track record
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package that includes:
- Health & Wellness Incentive
- Full health and dental benefits (shared costs)
- RRSP matching program (after one year)
- Personal & Professional Development Opportunities
- Fun & engaging working environment
- Free parking
Please note: Successful candidates will be required to pass a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
We thank all applicants for their interest, only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.