The Hercules Group of Companies is comprised of four distinct companies—Hercules SLR, Spartan Industrial Marine, Stellar Industrial Sales, and Wire Rope Industries Atlantic—with Hercules Machining & Millwright Services as a division of Hercules SLR. While Hercules has grown into a multitude of industrial sectors, we specialize in equipment, products and services for securing, lifting and rigging applications.
The Role and Team
We are headquartered in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia and have almost 30 branches across Canada. As an employer, we focus on continually enhancing the skills and capabilities of our employees and pride ourselves for building and improving upon our cultures of safety and dedicated customer service.
We are looking for a skilled Design and Drafting Technician in our Brampton, ON branch. This position will translate a conceptual idea from sales and quotation documents into detailed fabrication documents. The position also encompasses project management of each individual job from conceptual design to successful customer installation.
- Prepare drawings based on established engineering practices including approval, fabrication and as-built drawings
- Perform engineering calculations to validate tool design and performance as required by customer specifications
- Ensure all project documentation conforms to QA Manual requirements
- Provide guidance and support to manufacturing during the process of fabrication
- Oversee the proof testing and prepare Certificates of Test and other documents during the course of the project
- Inspect manufactured items for compliance with customer specifications and company quality objectives before shipping
- Provide timely project information to other departments as required to maintain current and accurate documentation
- High school diploma
- Technical degree or diploma
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD and Microsoft programs
- Experience with custom design and welding processes in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with custom design as is it related to lifting equipment and its components
- Understanding of ISO procedures and QC documentation
- Ability to communicate technical issues on a level appropriate with the audience
- Makes logical conclusions, anticipates obstacles, and considers different approaches to the decision-making process.
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package that includes:
- Health & Wellness Incentive
- Full health and dental benefits (shared costs)
- RRSP matching program (after one year)
- Personal & Professional Development Opportunities
- Fun & engaging working environment
- Free parking
Please note: Successful candidates will be required to pass a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
We thank all applicants for their interest, only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.