The Hercules Group of Companies is a privately owned Canadian company, headquartered in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia; it is comprised of four distinct companies—Hercules SLR, Spartan Industrial Marine, Stellar Industrial Sales, and Wire Rope Industries Atlantic—with Hercules Machining & Millwright Services as a division of Hercules SLR. While Hercules has grown into a multitude of industrial sectors, we specialize in equipment, products and services for securing, lifting and rigging applications.
As an employer, we focus on continually enhancing the skills and capabilities of our employees and pride ourselves for building and improving upon our cultures of safety and dedicated customer service.
We are looking for a full-time Executive Assistant to support our senior leadership team in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia. Reporting to the leadership team, the Executive Assistant is responsible for providing executive level coordination and office support. This position possesses the highest degree of integrity, confidentiality and diplomacy, while providing timely and accurate delivery of administrative support in a professional manner.
- Provide executive assistance support, including the management of mails, e-mails, calendars, documentations, and other systems and tasks
- Prepare agendas, meeting packages and minutes for all executive team meetings and other meetings required
- Ensure coordination, communication, and follow through occurs for each initiative for team members.
- Organize activities for executives, including coordinating travel arrangements, scheduling meetings, conferences
- Act as the key liaison between the senior leadership team and internal and external stakeholders. Answer inquiries with discretion.
- Supports the generation and coordination of corporate communications
- Engage in special projects when required.
Required knowledge and training
- Post-secondary education in office/business administration course work considered an asset
- Minimum 2-years of executive assistant experience in a corporate of professional service environment working for senior-level management
- Microsoft office knowledge with proficient computer and internet skills
- Able to prioritize workload while working with competing priorities, tight deadlines and multiple distractions
- Strong ability to build and cultivate positive client and colleague relationship
- Able to ensure the proper handling of confidential information
- Able to work independently and take initiative with minimal supervision as well as collaboratively as a member of a team
- Excellent verbal communication skills in person and on the phone; clear and concise written communication.
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package that includes:
- Full health and dental benefits
- Health & Wellness Incentive
- RRSP matching program
- Personal & Professional Development Opportunities
- Fun & engaging working environment
- Free parking
Please note: Successful candidates will be required to pass a criminal background check; drivers abstract and reference checks as a condition of employment.