The Hercules Group of Companies is comprised of four distinct companies—Hercules SLR, Spartan Industrial Marine, Stellar Industrial Sales, and Wire Rope Industries Atlantic—with Hercules Machining & Millwright Services as a division of Hercules SLR. While Hercules has grown into a multitude of industrial sectors, we specialize in equipment, products and services for securing, lifting and rigging applications.
The Role and Team
We are headquartered in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia and have almost 30 branches across Canada. As an employer, we focus on continually enhancing the skills and capabilities of our employees and pride ourselves for building and improving upon our cultures of safety and dedicated customer service.
We are looking for a Financial Analyst to join our collaborative finance department. The Financial Analyst is responsible for managing daily cash flow, period end closings; financial reporting, planning and analysis.
- Performs daily bank reconciliations, reconciles transactions by comparing and correcting data, maintains cash flow forecast and prioritizes and schedules vendor payments
- Improves financial status by analyzing results; monitoring variances; identifying trends; recommending actions to management.
- Completes balance sheet reconciliations, reviews sub ledger postings and resolves issues, prepares key performance indicators/dashboards, completes month end closing activities and prepares financial statements
- Develops financial tools to permit education of management and leverage management decision making
- Assists with the annual audit
- Set goals and participates in the growth of the Hercules Group by contributing new ideas and suggestions for continuing improvement
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance or Accounting
- 2-4 years financial accounting, reporting and analysis in a medium or large sized company
- Business, finance and accounting fundamentals including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Professional accounting designation or enrolled at senior level is an asset
- Excellent ERP and Microsoft Office Suite skills
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package that includes:
- Health & Wellness Incentive
- Full health and dental benefits (shared costs)
- RRSP matching program (after one year)
- Personal & Professional Development Opportunities
- Fun & engaging working environment
- Free parking
Please note: Successful candidates will be required to pass a criminal background check; drivers abstract and reference checks as a condition of employment.