We are looking for a Financial Controller to join our collaborative finance department. The Controller is responsible for maximizing the return on financial assets by establishing financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems related to accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll. This includes ensuring the achievement of financial performance and targets for the company.
- Establishes, evaluates and monitors internal control systems
- Develops and implements financial policies and procedures
- Ensures financial transactions are properly recorded and entered into the computerized accounting system. Maintains the computerized accounting system
- Establishes, maintains and reconciles the general ledger
- Prepares financial statements, reporting packages and reports on variances
- Assists the CFO with planning, forecasting and budgeting
- Monitors cash reserves and investments
- Approves payments as a bank signing officer (sign cheques & approve online payments)
- Monitors the daily activities of Finance Team and advises on process improvements
- Implements effective performance plans for all staff including development and mentoring
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or business administration or equivalent business and a recognized Canadian and/or US accounting designation (CA, CGA, CMA or CPA)
- 10+ years of accounting and financial administration experience for a major company or division of a large corporation
- Sound knowledge of business, finance and accounting fundamentals including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Excellent ERP and Microsoft Office Suite skills
- Strong analytical, budgeting, forecasting and reporting skills
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Able to comply with our Covid vaccine policy
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package that includes:
- Competitive salaries
- Generous RRSP matching program 5% (after one year)
- Full health and dental benefits (shared costs)
- Great schedule-Monday to Friday 8-5
- Personal & Professional Development Opportunities
- Fun & engaging working environment
- Free parking
Please note: Successful candidates will be required to pass a criminal background check; drivers abstract and reference checks as a condition of employment.
The Hercules Group of Companies is a privately owned Canadian company, headquartered in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia; it is comprised of four distinct companies—Hercules SLR, Spartan Industrial Marine, Stellar Industrial Sales, and Wire Rope Industries Atlantic—with Hercules Machining & Millwright Services as a division of Hercules SLR. While Hercules has grown into a multitude of industrial sectors, we specialize in equipment, products and services for securing, lifting and rigging applications.
As an employer, we focus on continually enhancing the skills and capabilities of our employees and pride ourselves for building and improving upon our cultures of safety and dedicated customer service.