We are looking for a rigging inspector to join our team in Dartmouth, NS. Inspectors perform inspections and testing of below the hook lifting gear, rigging and fall arrest gear to ensure safety certification is in accordance with provincial and federal regulations.
- Performs inspections on below the hook lifting gear, rigging gear and fall protection devices
- Completes reports on inspected items neatly and accurately
- Assist in other departments as needed such as rigging and warehouse duties
- Submits reports to administration upon completion or daily depending on job specifications
- Maintains paperwork and records of used inventory for billing and certification purposes
- Maintains company equipment used on a daily/weekly/monthly basis
- Willing to work away and/or travel to job sites
Required knowledge and training
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Basic technical/mechanical work-related experience or courses
- Previous mechanical experience is an asset
- Previous experience working with wire rope is considered an asset
- Able to safely lift 50 lbs. from floor level to waist level
- Must hold a valid driver’s license and be insurable
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Able to comply with out Covid vaccine policy
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package that includes:
- Competitive salaries
- Generous RRSP matching program 5% (after one year)
- Full health and dental benefits (shared costs)
- Great schedule-Monday to Friday 8-5
- Personal & Professional Development Opportunities
- Fun & engaging working environment
- Free parking
Please note: Successful candidates will be required to pass a criminal background check; drivers abstract and reference checks as a condition of employment.
The Hercules Group of Companies is a privately owned Canadian company, headquartered in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia; it is comprised of four distinct companies—Hercules SLR, Spartan Industrial Marine, Stellar Industrial Sales, and Wire Rope Industries Atlantic—with Hercules Machining & Millwright Services as a division of Hercules SLR. While Hercules has grown into a multitude of industrial sectors, we specialize in equipment, products and services for securing, lifting and rigging applications.
As an employer, we focus on continually enhancing the skills and capabilities of our employees and pride ourselves for building and improving upon our cultures of safety and dedicated customer service.