The Hercules Group of Companies is comprised of four distinct companies—Hercules SLR, Spartan Industrial Marine, Stellar Industrial Sales, and Wire Rope Industries Atlantic—with Hercules Machining & Millwright Services as a division of Hercules SLR. While Hercules has grown into a multitude of industrial sectors, we specialize in equipment, products and services for securing, lifting and rigging applications.
The Role and Team
We are headquartered in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia and have almost 30 branches across Canada. As an employer, we focus on continually enhancing the skills and capabilities of our employees and pride ourselves for building and improving upon our cultures of safety and dedicated customer service.
We are looking for a skilled Inventory Analyst to work within our supply chain team to monitor and anticipate the rate of sale for each type of product/components required by our customers. The Inventory Analyst ensures that the distribution centers and warehouses maintain inventory levels necessary to meet projected sales demands.
- Monitors the level of incoming products/materials to ensure that it stays balanced with the level of outgoing products
- Collaborates with sales and marketing to maximize sales potential of products/materials and increase inventory turns
- Reports product issues to operations, sales & marketing team for immediate resolution
- Manages inventory adjustments and transfers
- Identifies, develops and implements initiatives to reduce slow moving and dead inventories to improve inventory turns
- Researches past sales trends and stays informed of current sales trends that may influence inventory demand (low stock/overstock situations)
- Analyses root causes of inventory issues to recommend and implement solutions to improve the situation
- Considers inventory reports and purchasing trends in the industry as well as environmental factors which may influence supply/demand of inventory
- Identifies, develops and implements process improvements to achieve efficiencies
- Rapidly evolving work environment, unlimited growth
- Being challenged professionally and exceeding expectations
- Data mining and analysis
- Generating and monitoring various reports
- Working with a friendly and dynamic team
- High school diploma
- College diploma or related certificate preferred
- 3 -5 years in related role or Supply Chain experience
- Documentation – proficient in the use of spreadsheet programs
- Knowledge in Crystal reporting
- Knowledge of SQL programing
- Identifies and presents information that will motivate, persuade, engage or influence others
- Demonstrates commitment for process improvement
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package that includes:
- Health & Wellness Incentive
- Full health and dental benefits (shared costs)
- RRSP matching program (after one year)
- Personal & Professional Development Opportunities
- Fun & engaging working environment
- Free parking
Please note: Successful candidates will be required to pass a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
We thank all applicants for their interest, only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.