The Hercules Group of Companies is comprised of four distinct companies—Hercules SLR, Spartan Industrial Marine, Stellar Industrial Sales, and Wire Rope Industries Atlantic—with Hercules Machining & Millwright Services as a division of Hercules SLR. While Hercules has grown into a multitude of industrial sectors, we specialize in equipment, products and services for securing, lifting and rigging applications.
The Role and Team
We are headquartered in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia and have almost 30 branches across Canada. As an employer, we focus on continually enhancing the skills and capabilities of our employees and pride ourselves for building and improving upon our cultures of safety and dedicated customer service.
We are looking for an IT Support Analyst to join our collaborative ICT team. This is a six months contract with the potential to move into the permanent full-time position. Reporting to the ICT manager, you will address basic technical issues reported by users throughout the group of companies and provide exceptional technical assistance.
- Serve as the first point of contact for technical issues within the organization.
- Perform remote troubleshooting, determine the best solution based on users’ issues.
- Walk the user through the problem-solving process.
- Escalate unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel.
- Provide accurate information on IT products or services.
- Record event and resolution history in logs.
- Follow-up and update user status and information.
- Identify and suggest possible improvements on procedures.
- 1 years+ experience working in a Windows environment
- Diploma in Information Technology is an asset
- Experience administering Office365, dirsync
- Experience with Windows 10, Windows Server 2012, 2016 & 2019
- Experience with Active Directory maintenance including user accounts, security groups, and GPO
- Experience with setup and troubleshooting PC hardware including laptops, desktops printers, scanners, computer peripherals, mobile devices (iOS, Android), etc.
- General knowledge of TCP/IP, VPN and RDP protocols
- Strong skills in customer service, communication, and problem-solving
- Knowledge of file server and user/group permissions
This position generally works Monday to Friday but the ability to travel and work on occasional evenings & weekends is essential.
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package that includes:
- Health & Wellness Incentive
- Full health and dental benefits (shared costs)
- RRSP matching program (after one year)
- Personal & Professional Development Opportunities
- Fun & engaging working environment
- Free parking
Please note: Successful candidates will be required to pass a criminal background check; drivers abstract and reference checks as a condition of employment.