The Hercules Group of Companies is a privately owned Canadian company, headquartered in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia; it is comprised of five distinct companies—Hercules SLR, Spartan Industrial Marine, Stellar Industrial Sales, Atlantic Crane and Material Handling, and Wire Rope Industries Atlantic—with Hercules Machining & Millwright Services as a division of Hercules SLR. While Hercules has grown into a multitude of industrial sectors, we specialize in equipment, products and services for securing, lifting and rigging applications, with 30 individual locations of the businesses throughout Canada.
As an employer, we focus on continually enhancing the skills and capabilities of our employees and pride ourselves for building and improving upon our cultures of safety and dedicated customer service.
We are looking for a full time Marketing Team Lead for our Marketing Department. Reporting to the National Sales Manager, the Senior Marketing Lead has overall accountability for HGC brand management and corporate identity. This role will be responsible for the creation and implementation of the annual marketing plan in partnership with the National Sales Manager, and coordinates the execution of all marketing efforts through both internal (marketing, sales, operations, supply chain) and external (e.g. agencies) teams.
- Supports the development and implementation of marketing strategies, plans and programs for HGC within agreed budget.
- Creates and executes internal and external marketing plans for specific products (in collaboration with other departments)
- Monitors and evaluates marketing strategy based on knowledge of sales targets, market characteristics, and cost and markup factors Examine and track relevant industry news, information, and metrics
- Formulates, directs and coordinates marketing activities and policies to promote products and services, working with advertising and promotion agencies, as appropriate.
- Participates in sales meetings & collaborates with the sales function
- Manages relationships with key agencies to create and execute plans, campaigns, strategies etc.
Required knowledge and training
- Marketing or business degree or equivalent experience
- 6+ years’ experience in a marketing role
- 3+ years’ experience leading a team
- Understanding of Marketing related KPI’s
- Experience in developing and executing on an annual marketing plan.
- Comfortable working in a fast paced and growing environment
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package that includes:
- Competitive salaries
- Generous RRSP matching program 5% (after one year)
- Full health and dental benefits (shared costs)
- Great schedule-Monday to Friday 8-5
- Personal & Professional Development Opportunities
- Fun & engaging working environment
- Free parking
Please note: Successful candidates will be required to pass a criminal background check; drivers abstract and reference checks as a condition of employment