The Hercules Group of Companies is comprised of four distinct companies—Hercules SLR, Spartan Industrial Marine, Stellar Industrial Sales, and Wire Rope Industries Atlantic—with Hercules Machining & Millwright Services as a division of Hercules SLR. While Hercules has grown into a multitude of industrial sectors, we specialize in equipment, products and services for securing, lifting and rigging applications.
The Role and Team
We are headquartered in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia and have almost 30 branches across Canada. As an employer, we focus on continually enhancing the skills and capabilities of our employees and pride ourselves for building and improving upon our cultures of safety and dedicated customer service.
We are looking for a strong self-starter to join us in the role of NDT Technician in Dartmouth, NS Reporting to the supervisor, the inspector conducts inspections and tests on lower hook lifting equipment, rigging and fall prevention equipment, structural components, weldments and mechanical/mobile equipment.
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package that includes:
- Guaranteed full time, permanent position (40 hours a week)
- Health & Wellness Incentive
- Full health and dental benefits (shared costs)
- RRSP matching program (after one year)
- Personal & Professional Development Opportunities
- Fun & engaging working environment
- Performs inspections and tests on lower hook lift equipment, rigging and fall prevention equipment
- Inspect structural members, mechanical equipment, weldments and pipes
- Produce detailed reports of inspections clearly identifying scope and defects found
- Submits reports at the end of the work or day based on task specifications
- Maintains documentation and inventory records used for billing and certification Maintains company equipment used on a daily/weekly/ monthly basis
- Set up and calibrate non-destructive testing equipment
- Interpret codes, standards and drawings required for NDT inspection
- Interpret test results
- Maintaining NDT equipment and ensuring testing or re-calibrations are kept up-to-date
- Perform other duties as required
- Adhere to company polies and procedures
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders
- Provide guidance and Mentor NDT trainees as required
- High school diploma or equivalent
- CGSB Level 2 MT and PT required
- CGSB Level 1 or 2 UT considered an asset
- Additional CGSB certifications considered an asset.
- Self motivated and capable of operating in a team environment
- Ability to work without supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to recognize and resolve conflict
- Knowledge of applicable codes and standards
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Efficient use of Microsoft Office and strong computer skills
- Be able to safely lift 50lb from ground level to waist height
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
Please note: Successful candidates will be required to pass a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
Please note: Successful candidates must provide a driver’s abstract with driving records from the Department of Motor Vehicles showing less than 6 demerit points loss in the last 3 years and no criminal infraction on traffic laws and no responsible accidents other than the ones on file.
We thank all applicants for their interest, only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.