The Hercules Group of Companies is comprised of four distinct companies—Hercules SLR, Spartan Industrial Marine, Stellar Industrial Sales, and Wire Rope Industries Atlantic—with Hercules Machining & Millwright Services as a division of Hercules SLR. While Hercules has grown into a multitude of industrial sectors, we specialize in equipment, products and services for securing, lifting and rigging applications.
The Role and Team
We are headquartered in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia and have almost 30 branches across Canada. As an employer, we focus on continually enhancing the skills and capabilities of our employees and pride ourselves for building and improving upon our cultures of safety and dedicated customer service.
We are looking for a full-time Outside Sales Representative to join our team in Langley, BC. Our ideal candidate will represent Hercules with a strong positive attitude and be a champion for growth both inside and outside the branch, providing a solutions-based approach to their work; all in an effort to ensure optimal client satisfaction, and drive growth, from both new customers and an existing customer base.
- Assisting in developing and executing an annual business (sales) plan to achieve sales targets
- Plans, prepares and executes face to face sales calls with specific sales objectives
- Determines customer needs and how HGC products/services will provide a solution
- Manage customer relationships, information, business opportunities
- Effectively balance time between customer facing and branch based activity
- Reports sales situations to team members for the purpose of building additional sales approaches and strategies
- Conducts effective customer prospecting and sets contact sales objectives
- Rapidly evolving work environment, unlimited growth
- Prospecting for new business opportunities
- Being challenged professionally and exceeding expectations
- Setting and exceeding your goals
- The flexibility of working both in a branch as well as travelling on sales calls
- College diploma/University degree in a related field and/or a combination of education and work experience required
- Minimum 3-5 of year experience in industrial sales
- Account Management experience
- Strong computer skills with an aptitude to learning new technology
- Able to provide references who will attest to your proven track record
This position generally works Monday to Friday but the ability to travel and work on occasional evenings & weekends is essential.
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package that includes:
- Health & Wellness Incentive
- Full health and dental benefits (shared costs)
- RRSP matching program (after one year)
- Personal & Professional Development Opportunities
- Fun & engaging working environment
- Free parking
Please note: Successful candidates will be required to pass a criminal background check; drivers abstract and reference checks as a condition of employment.