The Hercules Group of Companies is comprised of four distinct companies—Hercules SLR, Spartan Industrial Marine, Stellar Industrial Sales, and Wire Rope Industries Atlantic—with Hercules Machining & Millwright Services as a division of Hercules SLR. While Hercules has grown into a multitude of industrial sectors, we specialize in equipment, products and services for securing, lifting and rigging applications.
The Role and Team
We are headquartered in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia and have almost 30 branches across Canada. As an employer, we focus on continually enhancing the skills and capabilities of our employees and pride ourselves for building and improving upon our cultures of safety and dedicated customer service.
We are looking for a strong self-starter to join us in the role of Production Technician, Rigger Associate in Terrace, BC Reporting to the Manager, the Rigger Associate prepares customer orders as per ISO and company work instructions; ensuring product quality standards are consistently met.
- Fabricates, set ups, and repairs rigging, supporting structures, hoists, and pulling gear, using hand and power tools according to customer requirements
- Cut wire rope and bend strands to meet specifications
- Follow Quality Control Procedures, as per ISO 9001:2000
- Ensure a quality product is produced, as per the company quality standards
- Organize, clean, and ensure overall maintenance of the rigging workspace
- Maintain an efficient production speed with minimal quality issues
- Responsible for inventory accuracy by recording items used in production
- Process and requisition of materials and supplies for the rigging department
- Ensure inventory is stored in an appropriate manner to ease accessibility and identification, and reduce the potential for damage to products
- High school diploma, or equivalent
- Rigging course or equivalent relevant experience is an asset
- Previous experience working with wire rope is considered a strong asset
- Able to safely lift 50 lbs. from floor level to waist level
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package that includes:
- Health & Wellness Incentive
- Full health and dental benefits (shared costs)
- RRSP matching program (after one year)
- Personal & Professional Development Opportunities
- Fun & engaging working environment
- Free parking
Please note: Successful candidates will be required to pass a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
We thank all applicants for their interest, only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.