The Hercules Group of Companies is comprised of four distinct companies—Hercules SLR, Spartan Industrial Marine, Stellar Industrial Sales, and Wire Rope Industries Atlantic—with Hercules Machining & Millwright Services as a division of Hercules SLR. While Hercules has grown into a multitude of industrial sectors, we specialize in equipment, products and services for securing, lifting and rigging applications.
The Role and Team
We are headquartered in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia and have almost 30 branches across Canada. As an employer, we focus on continually enhancing the skills and capabilities of our employees and pride ourselves for building and improving upon our cultures of safety and dedicated customer service.
We are looking for a strong self starter to join us as a full-time Shipper/Receiver in our Brampton, ON branch. Reporting to the Manager, this role is focused on shipping and receiving within the warehouse.
- Prepare, package and schedule out-going shipments with transport companies
- Ship customer orders and branch transfers ensuring all required paperwork is complete and accurate
- Obtain rate and spot quotes for shipments
- Track shipments as required
- Receive, unload, sort orders and inter-company transfers accurately and in a timely manner
- Maintains accurate bin locations for all goods in the warehouse
- Rapidly evolving work environment, unlimited growth
- Being challenged professionally and exceeding expectations
- Being on the move in a physically demanding work environment
- Creating order, and streamlined processes
- Working with a friendly and dynamic team
- High school degree or equivalent
- Must hold a valid driver’s license and be insurable
- Minimum 1 year of experience in shipping/receiving
- Computer experience and attention to detail
- Previous training in forklift operation
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package that includes:
- Health & Wellness Incentive
- Full health and dental benefits (shared costs)
- RRSP matching program (after one year)
- Personal & Professional Development Opportunities
- Fun & engaging working environment
- Free parking
Please note: Successful candidates will be required to pass a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
We thank all applicants for their interest, only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.