The Hercules Group of Companies is a privately owned Canadian company, headquartered in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia; it is comprised of four distinct companies—Hercules SLR, Spartan Industrial Marine, Stellar Industrial Sales, and Wire Rope Industries Atlantic—with Hercules Machining & Millwright Services as a division of Hercules SLR. While Hercules has grown into a multitude of industrial sectors, we specialize in equipment, products and services for securing, lifting and rigging applications.
As an employer, we focus on continually enhancing the skills and capabilities of our employees and pride ourselves for building and improving upon our cultures of safety and dedicated customer service.
We are looking for a full-time trainer to join our team in Dartmouth to oversee training in ERP system usage as well as other soft skills. Reporting to the CTO, the trainer will deliver training nationwide as well as provide ongoing support to our employees.
- Prepare and deliver professional internal training programs
- Manage the effectiveness of training practices (scheduling, management of training aids and equipment etc.)
- Promote the consistent application of operational standards
- Support employees by providing continuous learning opportunities and guidance as required
Required knowledge and training
- Post secondary degree – bachelor or equivalent preferred
- 3-5 experience in an adult training/learning role
- Experience working with ERP such as P21 considered an asset
- Strong public speaking skills
- Comfortable training over multiple platforms including in person and virtual
- Strong computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite with an emphasis on Excel
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package that includes:
- Full health and dental benefits
- Health & Wellness Incentive
- RRSP matching program
- Personal & Professional Development Opportunities
- Fun & engaging working environment
- Free parking
Please note: Successful candidates will be required to pass a criminal background check; drivers abstract and reference checks as a condition of employment.