The Hercules Group of Companies is a privately owned Canadian company, headquartered in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia; it is comprised of four distinct companies—Hercules SLR, Spartan Industrial Marine, Stellar Industrial Sales, and Wire Rope Industries Atlantic—with Hercules Machining & Millwright Services as a division of Hercules SLR. While Hercules has grown into a multitude of industrial sectors, we specialize in equipment, products and services for securing, lifting and rigging applications.
As an employer, we focus on continually enhancing the skills and capabilities of our employees and pride ourselves for building and improving upon our cultures of safety and dedicated customer service.
We are looking for a full time Warehouse Associate in our Spartan Marine Branch in Dartmouth. Reporting to the manager, this role is to assist with various functions in the warehouse, ensuring proper organization of warehouse and inventory/equipment as well as packing, shipping, receiving and distribution of goods and supplies.
- Prepare, package and schedule out-going shipments with transport companies
- Ship customer orders and branch transfers ensuring all required paperwork is complete and accurate
- Obtain rate and spot quotes for shipments
- Prepares pick orders and transfers for both customers and Manufacturing Department
- Track shipments as required
- Receive, unload, sort orders and inter-company transfers accurately and in a timely manner
- Maintains accurate bin locations for all goods in the warehouse
Required knowledge and training
- High school degree or equivalent
- Minimum 1 year of experience in a warehouse environment
- Computer experience and attention to detail
- Previous training in forklift operation
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package that includes:
- Competitive compensation
- Generous RRSP matching program 5% (after one year)
- Full health and dental benefits (shared costs)
- Great schedule-Monday to Friday 8-5
- Personal & Professional Development Opportunities
- Fun & engaging working environment
Please note: Successful candidates will be required to pass a criminal background check; drivers abstract and reference checks as a condition of employment.