CRANE SERVICE IN NEW BRUNSWICK
WHY HERCULES SLR?
We’re your one-stop shop. Would you make three different stops in the morning to get your sugar, milk and grounds for your morning coffee? Of course not—Why should your crane service be any different?
Hercules SLR offers crane certifications & LEEA-certified inspections, repairs, predictive & preventive maintenance (so you can pass those inspections!) and crane parts & accessories like wire rope slings, hoists & whatever else you need to lift.
If you work in construction, industrial project management or even a warehouse facility, you probably face your fair share of challenges—And cranes. And, probably your fair share of crane problems, too. Your overhead lifting device should not be one of these challenges.
Did you know Hercules SLR in New Brunswick offers crane rentals, equipment & accessories and services? We do!
When you spend a long day lifting, hoisting and pulling, your body probably has some aches & pains. Did you know your crane is no different? Just like a weightlifter must take care of their body, watch what they eat and even ensure the palms of their hands are prepared to lift, your crane needs a similar level of care.
Read on to discover what type of cranes Hercules SLR services, the equipment & product we service, sell & inspect and why looking after your crane benefits you in the long-run.
[su_accordion][su_spoiler title=”WHAT TYPES OF CRANES DOES HERCULES SLR SERVICE?” open=”no” style=”default” icon=”plus” anchor=”” class=””]If you need overhead lifting device service or rentals, you’re in the right place. What kinds of cranes do we service? We service all crane classes, specifically:
- Overhead/Bridge Cranes
- Top Running Overhead Crane
- Under Running Overhead Crane
- Modular Crane
- Gantry Cranes
- Tower Cranes
- Rail Road Cranes
- Floating Cranes
- Aerial Cranes
- Jib Crane
Have a type of crane you need serviced, but we didn’t cover it here? Give us a call—We service anything.
[su_accordion][su_spoiler title=”HOW MUCH DOES CRANE INSPECTION COST?” open=”no” style=”default” icon=”plus” anchor=”” class=””]
We know, your top concern is probably price. “How much will this inspection, repair, preventive maintenance, etc. cost?” Unfortunately, this cost will likely vary depending on factors like what kind of service or part you need.
Specific costs will vary—Like we’ve covered in previous blogs, there are many different parts of a crane or types of service you might need, ranging from below-the-hook, repairs to the structural steel or inspections to the jib or other crane component.
- Downtime: It can put a damper on productivity when a crane’s out of service, and the downtime associated an out-of-service crane with halting or pausing a project can be costly—Quickly, too.
- Productivity: When inspections or tests are conducted by a competent/qualified person, they can identify issues and repairs can be scheduled during slower periods, so you don’t disrupt work and you know your crane is running reliably & smoothly during your business’ busy periods.
- Peace-of-Mind: Know your equipment is running smoothly & ready-to-go, know if a repair or equipment replacement is cheaper and that your team is safe.
[su_accordion] [su_spoiler title=”WHAT’S IN IT FOR ME?” open=”no” style=”default” icon=”plus” anchor=”” class=””]
We know, ‘preventive maintenance‘ might seem like a big waste of money for your organization. However, like mentioned above, preventive maintenance can actually reduce costs that eventually, can become even bigger repair costs.
- Reduce physical labour for employees.
- Meet project deadlines & stay on schedule.
- Cut-down on repair costs, prevent future damage and eliminate unforeseen equipment failure.
- Protect your investment.
- And finally, (the one you probably know), because you have to—It’s the law.
[su_accordion] [su_spoiler title=”CRANE INSPECTION: WHERE, WHEN & HOW OFTEN?” open=”no” style=”default” icon=”plus” anchor=”” class=””]
CRANE INSPECTION: WHERE, WHEN & HOW OFTEN?
There are many different types of cranes, and your workplace will (should) have a robust inspection program plan in place for each type. Inspection frequency depends on a number of things, like:
- How often the crane is used & when it’s being used,
- Which Service Class the crane belongs to,
- What it’s used for and what type of inspection is being done.
What’s so good about CertTracker?:
- Secure online database: Keep your entire operational asset history in one, secure place.
- Alerts: CertTracker will notify management of failed inspections, repairs and work order details—It also tells you when you’re overdue for inspections and repairs.
- Easy access: CertTracker uses RFID chips while handheld computers capture inspections & maintenance operations, which eliminates the need to manually enter data. It captures equipment when in & out of service, location transfers and all data is sent to the online database so you know exactly where it is, whenever you input it. If that’s not enough, it also converts units of measure instantly for easy use onsite.
- Customization: Track what you need to track. Have your team or service provider record daily inspections, scheduled maintenance, annual inspections or other important dates. Each inspection is time-stamped by the user so your audit record is always accurate & reliable. Find specific assets by I.D. number, location, owner, etc.—Whatever you prefer.
- Available 24/7: CertTracker is online and always open.
WHAT COULD GO WRONG?
Inspections check for a number of issues. It’s important to have your crane serviced regularly—It becomes time-consuming, costly & ineffective to both operate and service the crane the longer you avoid proper inspections.
[su_accordion] [su_spoiler title=”IN NEW BRUNSWICK, WE ALSO OFFER:” open=”no” style=”default” icon=”plus” anchor=”” class=””]
Hercules SLR in New Brunswick also manufactures gin wheels, or pulleys wheels. Gin wheels are a convenient, low-cost & economical way to raise and lower a load.
Hercules SLR in Moncton & Saint John, New Brunswick fabricates custom gin wheels, load-rated for use in refineries.