INSPECTION TECHNICIAN CAREERS | WE’RE LOOKING FOR AN INSPECTOR IN BRAMPTON, ONTARIO
We’re looking for an Inspection Technician in Brampton, Ontario—Is a career as an Inspector right for you? Read on and find out.
One of the most exciting parts of a career as an Inspector is Hercules SLR will provide all the training you need—If you’re someone who:
- Enjoys mechanics, likes to understand how things work and fix them, too
- Is a self-starter, engaged and motivated—Inspections can be broad, or niche. If you want to develop your skills, a career in inspections will give you the opportunity to grow.
- Would like the to work in a variety of places and travel—Inspections can take you everywhere from hospitals, garages and even prisons!
- Willing to learn—Hercules SLR provides inspectors with LEEA training and certification. LEEA training is applicable globally, which means no matter where you go your new skills matter.
- Doesn’t mind getting physical—Being an inspector often means working at heights, crouching and being comfortable working in different conditions as you’ll need to uninstall equipment and gear you inspect.
INSPECTION TECHNICIAN CAREERS | Why is the industry booming?
Right now in Canada, the construction industry is booming. Construction employs over 1.3 million Canadians, 1 in 4 work in construction and globally, it’s the fifth largest market in the world.
This kind of popularity brings a need for safe standards and processes—This is where Inspectors step in.
Being an Inspection Technician requires skill, training, and although it might not sound like it, it can be a fairly dirty job that involves grease, and dirt, which is not for everyone (hey, we love grease but we don’t judge). It’s expensive and time-consuming for people to gain the certification and skills to inspect their own equipment—That’s where Hercules SLR comes in.
INSPECTION TECHNICIAN CAREERS | What will I inspect?
As an Inspection Technician at Hercules SLR, you’ll inspect:
- Chain hoists
- Chain slings
- Wire rope slings
- Chain blocks, manual chain hoists
- Lever hoists
- Life-raft davits
- Self-retracting lifelines