Rigging in the Ontario Aerospace Industry : A Legacy of Excellence - a Vision for Innovation
Whether it’s aircraft integration and assembly, avionics systems, or maintenance, repair and overhaul, Ontario is home to 25 of the global leaders in aerospace, from Bombardier to Airbus Helicopters, to Raytheon, Honeywell and Sinclair Interplanetary. Ontario aerospace companies tap into an unparalleled infrastructure where they expand their operations and home-grown businesses produce quality parts and innovative services.
Ontario manufacturers are part of the global supply chain for virtually every passenger aircraft in the world, and the aerospace industry works closely with academia to develop and commercialize new products and technology.
Over 21,500 people are employed directly and another 17,200 indirectly by the aerospace industry in Ontario. Additionally, there are 16 institutions in Ontario that grant engineering degrees and more than 40 post-secondary courses in aerospace.
The outcome? Ontario has a large and highly skilled pool of aerospace talent.
A legacy of excellence—a vision for innovation
The aerospace businesses in Ontario are well known for their high standards of performance, value, and dependability. The province of Ontario has a long history of excellence in aircraft technology, from the first De Havilland Beaver float plane to RADARSAT Constellation.
The method? a dynamic R&D environment, an integrated supply chain, and highly qualified personnel.
Aerospace Companies based in Ontario
• Collins Aerospace
• De Havilland Aircraft of Canada
• Diamond Aircraft
• Honeywell Aerospace
• Mitsubishi Heavy Industries
• Pratt & Whitney Canada
• Precision Castparts Corp.
• Raytheon Technologies
Hercules SLR provides an extensive coverage of products and services that support the success of a wide range of sectors across Canada, including aerospace.
From overhead cranes and materials handling solutions, to hoists, hardware and fall protection equipment we have the expertise to supply, fabricate, inspect, test and repair supporting equipment throughout the aerospace sector.
Let our experience help you achieve your goal of less downtime.
Custom Fabrication: The Advantage
- Our Ontario Hercules SLR locations will create customized steel fabrications, like chain slings, wire rope slings, hardware, shackles & more.
- Safety: Our facilities are equipped with highly developed test-units to make sure your equipment not just meets but exceeds expectations.
- Get technical, creative advice from our experts to enhance your design concepts and minimize material costs.
- Authorized fabricators: Our facilities in Brampton are registered with ISO:9001:2015, The Canadian Welding Bureau and Ontario Power Generation and we’ recertified with Certificate of Authorization with PEO, OPG approval with CSAZZ299.3-85, and CWB-certification for CSA Standard W47.1(steel) and W47.2m (aluminum).
- We follow ASME standards as a minimum guideline for all our lifting devices & steel fabrications.
Hercules SLR — Your Partner in Safety.
A fall from heights can be deadly. In 2013, there were more than 40 worker deaths that resulted from a fall from heights and over 14,000 recorded incidents of workplace injuries that were caused by falls in Canada. This is why it is crucial to take the time to properly inspect fall protection equipment to help prevent a fall from occurring.
• Inspect your fall protection gear, personally, before each use.
• Make sure your gear is inspected at least once a year professionally (or more frequently if required by the manufacturer.
• Make sure your gear is inspected by qualified technicians.
Did you know that Hercules SLR Brampton is an authorized Self Retracting Lifeline Repair Centre?
From purchase to annual inspections, maintenance & repairs, you are in safe hands with Hercules.
- Peace-of-mind: Know your gear is up-to-code—Maintain productivity so you never have to halt a project due to an accident.
- Expertise: Our inspectors are LEEA trained and certified.
- Flexibility: Inspections, maintenance & repairs can be done at our facility, or at your site.
Need fall protection equipment? Stop by one of our Ontario locations in Brampton, Hamilton, Sarnia or Sudbury, we carry the following brands: