Hercules Training Academy remains open during these unprecedented times.
As always, your safety is our priority.
We are adhering to the emergency measures put in place by our provincial governments and health advisories to keep you safe in class as well as on the job— through our wide array of safety training programs.
We are committed to serving our communities in this time by providing training that allows essential workers to stay safe and certified on the job. We are also excited to give people the opportunity to seek training that may help them secure employment now and in the future, and support employers and employees that want to use this time to bring their safety and training to the next level.
The Precautions We Are Taking
- Classes are limited to 4 students per class (to stay under provincial guidelines of 5, including the instructor)
- A medical questionnaire must be completed before attending
- Spacious classrooms ensure that no student is within 6 ft of one another
- All touchpoints are sanitized multiple times a day including before students arrive, at lunch, and at the end of the day.
- Dedicated washroom facilities for attendees that are sanitized and not used by staff
- Providing gloves and (upon request) sanitized PPE for practical course segments
- Very limited staff on-site that remain in their own offices
Instructor-Led Online and Blended Learning
We are excited to be offering remote online learning courses via Zoom (a free video-conferencing application). Our talented Instructors will lead these courses and will be able to be seen and spoken to throughout the course.
We will be offering the following courses completely online:
A small segment of our course offerings require both theory and practical portions to meet certification requirements. For these courses, we will teach the theory portion online via zoom or MS Teams, and the practical portion using our equipment on-site at the Training Academy, by appointment. These will be completed with a maximum of 2 students per group to allow for physical distancing and all equipment used will be cleaned between sessions.
We will be offering the following courses through blended learning:
The Ready to Work Bundle – Starting May 4th
We are also offering a new bundle package called the “Ready to Work Bundle” that has every course you need to beef up your resume. When you sign up for the full bundle you will receive a 20% discount on the total cost of the individual courses. Looking to jump-start your career once we’re on the other side of these crazy times? This is the opportunity for you!
The Ready to Work Bundle will take place over the course of a week covering the following. These courses will also be offered individually if you are interested in a select few, but the discount will only apply when signing up for the full bundle.
Total bundle cost: $744 (20% discount applied for $186 in savings)
All prices listed below are for the individual courses.
- Day 1: WHMIS with GHS and Lock-out tag-out ($40 and $150)
- Day 2: Fundamentals of rigging ($215)
- Day 3: Theory portion Forklift safety and Elevated work platform ($175 each)
- Day 4: Fall Protection ($175)
- Day 5: Practical sessions for forklift and EWP
NEW Advanced Rigger Technician 4-Day Program
This program will cover more information and material than any of our other programs. This will be a very interactive course that provides hands-on practical experience. Students will learn to asses loads, how to chose the appropriate rigging equipment & techniques for the job, and then put that knowledge to use by actually moving loads with the use of a crane. This will allow for a much deeper understanding of load centers and how to calculate the centers of a load with a complex shape. Learn more about the course by clicking here!
*Note all participants must have successfully completed a minimum of a 1-day rigging program within the past 24 months